On Mar 19, 3:16 pm, Joseph Knight <joseph.9...@gmail.com> wrote:

> COMP is either true or false.

That reduces the question to a mathematical premise to begin with.
It's not so simple. Comp can have some truth to it, but not be true.
It can lack truth, but without having specifically identifiable false
attributes which make it false. Is Ptolemaic astronomy true or false?
To me the fact that I can see that Comp is most likely false doesn't
diminish its usefulness in furthering our understanding. More
important than whether it is true or false is in what ways does it
seem true and what ways does it seem false. Because of the nature of
consciousness, the truth of comp can't ever be established with 100%
certainty anyhow.

Craig