On 8/31/2012 8:56 AM, Craig Weinberg wrote:

On Friday, August 31, 2012 8:39:12 AM UTC-4, Stephen Paul King wrote:

        ACK! I do not ever wish to get into this briar-patch! We could
    endlessly site particular studies of particular circumstances, but
    I thought that we where considering big picture concepts. My
    mistake. My opinion is that whatever the particular intensions
    might be, we can judge by the results whether or not a policy is
    worth keeping.

I agree, but how can you tell what isn't working when everything that matters is getting worse? I say we should experiment with different policies in different regions and compare them scientifically. Let people move to where they feel most at home.

Hi Craig,

The places that have fences around them to keep people "in" stand out as the failures.

    Our current system is obviously imperfect, but is perfection even
    possible?

That was the point, I don't think that anyone is suggesting perfection at all. Progressive views are just that: progress-ive. Try to make things less horrible for more people.

Sure, I can speak only to what I have seen for myself. Most policies that I see so-called progressives proposing are not satisfying your definition. Thus my remarks.

Craig

--
Onward!

Stephen