On Fri, Jan 25, 2013  Roger Clough <rclo...@verizon.net> wrote:

> the ancient jews in the BC era knew nothing

Not far from the truth.

> of the ancient myths,

If they knew anything at all it was useless crap like that.

> “There is little notice of the Persian god [Mithra] in the Roman world
> until the beginning of the 2nd century,

But Mithra was certainly known in the non-Roman world long before then and
the Jews weren't conquered by Rome until 63 BC.

> but, from the year AD 136 onward, there are hundreds of dedicatory
> inscriptions to Mithra.

And the oldest written gospels come from the fourth century.

> Osiris was born of the Egyptian sky-goddess Nut-Meri and the god Seb
> (Geb). Nut-Meri was not a virgin

Who cares, I was talking about the God Horus not His dad; the God Osiris
was the father of the God Horus.

>> His birth was attended by three wise men.

I did not write that!

   John K Clark