From: John Clark <johnkcl...@gmail.com>
To: everything-list <everything-list@googlegroups.com>
Sent: Sun, Jul 14, 2013 11:09 am
Subject: Re: the love torture

On Sat, Jul 13, 2013 at 6:02 PM, meekerdb <meeke...@verizon.net> wrote:

> Christianity borrowed heavily from Zoroastrianism: final battle, good over
> evil, judgement day, punishment of the wicked.  BUT the punishment wasn't
> eternal and everybody gets to heaven eventually and nobody has to get
> crucified.

Christianity didn't just  borrow from Zoroastrianism, the Bible is a rehash of
lots of other Bronze age myths that it plagiarized from older religions.

The Persian God Mithra, popular in 600 BC, was the son of the Sun God and was
born on December 25. Mithra performed miracles, died, and was resurrected on
the third day. Mithra was also called "the good shepherd" and had twelve
companions that went with him when he traveled and taught.

In 1000BC people thought the God Krishna was a carpenter born of a virgin and
was baptized in a river.

In 1200BC according to the Egyptian Book of the Dead the God Horus was the son
of the God Osiris and was born to a virgin mother (even back then
contradictions never bothered religion). Horus was baptized and the baptizer
was later beheaded. Horus was tempted in the desert. Horus healed the sick and
the blind. Horus cast out daemons. Horus raised a fellow named "Asar" from the
dead. Horus walked on water.  Horus had 12 disciples. Horus was affixed to a
cross and killed but after 3 days 2 women announced that "Horus our savior has
been resurrected".

  John K Clark