2014/1/16 LizR <lizj...@gmail.com>

> On 17 January 2014 10:01, Quentin Anciaux <allco...@gmail.com> wrote:
>

>>> You can disagree, but it's a fact, we can make video game, so we can
>>> make any rules we want in the created virtual worlds, nothing prevent us to
>>> do so.
>>>
>>> Yes, I made up a game in which 17 is an even number and an infinite
> number of computations can be carried out in a finite time. Also, within
> the game I got a solution to P vs NP so I got the Millennium Prize!

Well those are not physical laws... but yes you could anyway by deluding
all self aware creature in the virtual world thinking so, and anytime they
would hint that isn't true, change their mind... that would certainly
affect their consciousness and free will... but it could be done in
principle.

But anyway that was not what I was talking about, I was talking about
physical laws not logic. You can make a totally logical consistent virtual
world with other physical laws as our reality... nothing prevent us to do
so, and if computationalism is true, we can make that virtual world have
conscious inhabitants.

Quentin

> :-)
>
> ...sorry, I'll get my coat.
>
>  --

All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain. (Roy
Batty/Rutger Hauer)