Pissed off? Isn't that swearing? For which you have come down on people hard
in the passed? What a fine example you're setting.

-----Original Message-----
From: gamers-boun...@audyssey.org [mailto:gamers-boun...@audyssey.org] On
Behalf Of Thomas Ward
Sent: 20 July 2011 09:25
To: Gamers Discussion list
Subject: Re: [Audyssey] Programming elitists was: Re: Jeremy's incredible
programming speed

Hi Che,

My apologies. I sincerely am not trying to be obtuse, but have always
strived to help others the best I can to the best of my abilities. My
intentions were never to confuse, intimidate, or put down others for
choosing something else. I merely wanted to state the facts as I understand
them. That is where you and I disagree, and the source of this discussion.

In a way programming languages are like which screen reader to use. A lot of
it boils down to personal preference, personal opinion, and therefore is
very subjective. I'm sure if you put a bunch of potential blind computer
users in a room who are considering buying a screen reader and then march
out a Jaws user, Window-Eyes user, Hal user, NVDA user, etc and have a
public debate you would end up with an argument similar to the one we have
now. Each would have reasons why or why not their particular screen reader
is better than the other ones, and the people in the audience, those
watching the debate, could be very confused during the debate. Moreover its
hard to make any kind of decision in a situation like that because it
requires practical hands on experience which they simply do not have to make
an informed decision on their own.

When it comes to programming languages we are faced with the exact same kind
of situation.  As a personal preference I tend to stick to C-Style languages
like C, C++, C#, and Java, and since I obviously like them I am more likely
to promote them rather than VB or Python which I do not like I guess as I am
pretty vocal about what I do not like some people are confused, unsure,  and
feel as though they are being put down because of it. For that I am sorry.
That's not my intent. I never wanted people to think they are "losers" just
because they don't do what I say. I'm not like that at all.

As for this entire discussion I'm pretty sick and tired of it too. I'd
really like it if we can find some amicable way to settle this issue once
and for all and put it behind us. I don't want to see the list, more
importantly, this community to be torn apart and destroyed over such a
rediculous argument. If that means I must resign as list moderator and leave
so be it.

As for your last message I felt it was way too harsh and overblown, and I
found it extremely insulting, to say the least, that you chose to start this
on the list. You could have talked to me off list, man to man, but no you
had to flame, insult, humiliate, and utterally tare me down on list, and
that is the height of disrespect in my opinion.
I'm very angry, hurt, and extremely insulted. You are very fortunate I'm
showing some restraint right now as I'm in a very bad mood. The kind of mood
where I'd cuss you up one side and down the other because I don't appreciate
being insulted publicly for any reason. I will not stand for it. Either you
go or I go, but one of us won't be here by the end of this debate if we
can't find some kind of amicable solution.

Finally, you said I've been beaten over the head several times with your
point by other developers etc. Perhaps so, but did you ever think I stand
firm by my opinions. Maybe I say what I say because I feel it is the right
position, the right opinion, etc. If you call that obtuse so be it, but you
are not going to change my mind or get me to retract things I said no matter
how much you insult me and piss me off.All that will get you and this
community is one less developer. I'm right now considering closing USA Games
and just walking away from it all, because I sure as hell don't feel very
appreciated right now. I've had enough negative criticism from this
community for a life time. If it isn't one thing its another. Sorry to say
this attack was about the last straw I can take, and I'm just about ready to
say, "to hell with the blind gaming community! I've had enough with it!"

I'm sorry if people are offended by that, but its the truth. I'm sick and
tired of people bitching that Mysteries of the Ancients isn't done. I"m sick
and tired of people bitching that Raceway isn't done.
I'm damn sure sick and tired of being beaten over the head by a few
developers who get pissed off and bent out of shape over an impersonal
debate over programming languages etc. Now, I am extremely pissed off, and
I'm ready to just walk away from the entire sorry mess. So don't be
surprised if I just don't quit like James North and go somewhere else where
I might, just might, be appreciated by the online community. Frankly, I'm
fed up with the bull crap and not going to put up with it any longer.

Goodbye!