Hi Thomas,
What I meant about game features and different ports was not the fact that every system has other development tools or features. What I meant was that some console versions of games do get aditional downloadable content, like new levels which are in some cases not added to a PC version. If I remember my reading correctly the mentioned latest Lara Croft game features a two player mode for one console (not internet, but two players with two input devices at the same console). One player can play Lara, but the second human player can play another male character with different capabilities and his own backstory.
There might also be aditional episodes/levels for this one alone.
But nothing of the story elements of this are present in the PC version and that's more like I meant when I talked about different features and content expansions of already released games.