After reading(skimming) through the other replies there were a few things I
didn't see mentioned.

1. Make sure you are both upgraded to the latest Service Pack for Protel
SP6.
2. Make sure the Design did not somehow become read-only in the
transfer(this should only show an error if he was not upgraded to the latest
service pack... but previous SP's would cause an error if the file is
read-only)
3. Make sure you are both upgraded to the MDAC 2.5(2.6 is out... but I
*still* haven't gotten around to testing it out with Protel)
http://www.microsoft.com/data/download.htm

And of course... to repeat... definitely make sure all files are closed
before sending it.

Colby Siemer                        ** Custom Battery Chargers
                                           ** Custom Power Supplies
PowerStream Technology       ** Custom UPS
140 S. Mountainway Drive      ** Custom DC/DC Converters
Orem Utah 84058                  ** Power management electronics for OEMs

http://www.PowerStream.com