At 08:12 AM 5/5/2004, John A. Ross [Design] wrote:
However I made a small test board, parent + 5 child sheets using the
same ID key.sch file in it and it does not show the error under the same
enviroment so the problem seems localised to the other design (or the
number of sheets).

Very good. Now, if you've been specific about this, please refresh my memory. My impression is that the problem exists only in DXP, and with this specific design. I also assume that you have verified that the problem does not exist in the 99SE version of the design. If these are not true, please correct me!

Based on those assumptions, there is, I'd say, a DXP bug of some kind. I suggest starting to delete stuff from the schematic. Delete some sheet symbols on the top level and see if the problem remains. If not, then restore them and delete something else. Try to pare down the schematic to the minimum set of objects and sheets that show the problem. At the same time, the IP involved will be removed.... and then the schematic can be shared with anyone interested.... so that we can see if we can duplicate it. The process itself may reveal the problem.