--- In Zen_Forum@yahoogroups.com, mike brown <uerusub...@...> wrote:

> JMJM, You're right about the need to still "sit through",

Yes, this quietude and stillnes of mind and body over long sittings and
over an extended period of elapsed time are the principle factors in
transforming the brain from an AD/HD-like mode of operation into a
buddha-mind-like mode of experiencing reality.

> ... however to know that we are somehow changing our brain/thoughts
for the positive in a concrete,
physiological way frees us from a lot of the esoteric and ceremonial
nonsense that Zen is clouded in  ...                 > Mike

My soul/spirit feels uplifted by the ambiance created by the ceremony,
ritual and chanting of Zen (and also of most religions.) This ambiance
facilitates the quietening of the discursive mind.