Hi R AM

Many economists find that an incredible number of things fit
the Pareto distriution:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pareto_distribution

such that, to make up an example, 20% of the people
own 80% of the wealth.

In some cases, the effect might be second order, so don't ask me for proof,
but it seems to be inescapable:

1) It doesn't matter much what the economic system is or who is president,
it's very stubborn.

2) I don't think that even Marxism can change thIS fundamental
distribution of wealth.

3) It's also probably why taxing the rich ultimnately  doesn''t work,
it lowers everybody's income to fit the curve.  A nd why trickle
down doesn't work.

Roger

Roger Clough, rclo...@verizon.net
9/3/2012