On Thu, Dec 19, 2013 at 5:33 PM, meekerdb <meeke...@verizon.net> wrote:

> The non-cloning theorem disallows 3)-5) at the level of the quantum
> state.  It's not so clear though how that is related to consciousness and
> identity.

I disagree, I think it is very clear. If things need to be that precise, if
a change in a quantum state destroys our identity then we die about 10^44
times a second; and a consciousness that never changes is not a
consciousness.

> > Our brain is *mostly* classical.

The real question is about our minds, and despite what some like Roger
Penrose say I think our minds are probably entirely classical.

  John K Clark