I say go for it! I've never had problems with SOD or MB. Bring it on....

-----Original Message-----
From: gamers-boun...@audyssey.org [mailto:gamers-boun...@audyssey.org] On
Behalf Of Thomas Ward
Sent: Tuesday, May 10, 2011 11:24 AM
To: Gamers Discussion list
Subject: Re: [Audyssey] Star Wars Game Thoughts/Ideas

Hi Shane,

Well, I wouldn't go as far to say this 3d FPS game would be quite hard.
Challenging yes, but quite hard no. If you have ever played Shades of Doom
it would be a lot like that accept there would be a virtical up/down axis to
movement as well. Plus a number of additional moves that a Jedi Knight might
perform.

For instance, one move I use to do in the Jedi Knight games is perform a
spinning attack to kill multiple opponents at once. If you had a number of
enemy troops in saber range you could hold the left/right arrow key down
while using the saber to spin in place killing multiple enemies at once.
Diddo for something like a repeater rifle. You might put the rifle on full
auto spin in a circle and strafe the enemy room injuring and killing
multiple troops at once. You can't really do that in side-scrollers.

Another complex, but cool move, I used before is a backflip. If an enemy
tries to attack you from behind you can force jump into the air, backflip,
and land directly behind the enemy who was trying to sneek up behind you.
You can probably cut him down before he is able to turn and bring his weapon
to bare on you. Again, this is something that has been around in ages in
mainstream FPS games, but has never really been tried before in an audio
game. We definitely won't get it if we stick to triditional side-scrollers
etc.

So to answer your message its more complex, but not difficult to do.
If anyone thinks its too hard etc it is probably more to do with their utter
lack of experience with this genre/style of game rather than any real
fundimental problem with it being hard by design. From my point of view
because so many blind gamers here have never actually had any hands on
experience with mainstream games they are scared to try new things or doubt
they can actually do it. They also get easily confused in games like SOD in
part because of poor spacial awareness, and perhaps just lack of familiarity
with navigating in that type of game.

Cheers!

_____________ NOD32 EMON 6110 (20110510) information _____________

_____________ NOD32 EMON 6110 (20110510) information _____________