Steve Litt wrote:
Again, a great application for LyX assuming the tech doc is over 10,000 words long. Shorter docs are easier in quick and dirty OO.
I don't want to come off as someone who is purely defensive of LyX but I beg to differ with this point. I write all of my articles in LyX and I don't see how it would be easier in OO. Basic HTML output is one of the most important things to me when writing articles.

There are things that I wouldn't write in LyX, such as a letter. I try to do everything in LyX if I can though. I tell myself that I'm getting a bit of extra LyX "practice", if nothing else.

--
http://www.unmusic.co.uk Michael Reed -- technology, gender, and geek culture
freelance writer