killermike wrote:
Steve Litt wrote:
Again, a great application for LyX assuming the tech doc is over 10,000 words long. Shorter docs are easier in quick and dirty OO.
I don't want to come off as someone who is purely defensive of LyX but I beg to differ with this point. I write all of my articles in LyX and I don't see how it would be easier in OO. Basic HTML output is one of the most important things to me when writing articles.

There are things that I wouldn't write in LyX, such as a letter. I try to do everything in LyX if I can though. I tell myself that I'm getting a bit of extra LyX "practice", if nothing else.
I find LyX fine for letters too - with a suitable document class.
This way I get printed folding marks so I know it will fit the envelope when I fold it, and the address is always positioned so it shows through the envelope window.

Helge Hafting