Thanks for the remark, Peter.

I used "wires" and placed "net labels". It's amazing
that I'm allowed to place parts with one and the same
ref. designators.
OK. I placed a net label on the wire that had GND
power port connected expecting the name of the label
to change to GND but it didn't.

The ERC caught both the duplicated net labels and the
duplicated parts. But when I updated the PCB the
duplicated net labels were not reported as a problem.
On the PCB I got this pin (with duplicated net)
connected to the name of the label (not to GND).
When I move the net label aside, the pin is connected
to GND.
So far so good. Lets think this is a feature.

I decided to check what will happen if I place a net
label on top of two wires, which are crossing each
other but not connected. They didn't have any other
labels placed. ERC didn't catch it and the update PCB
didn't complain either. It just shorted those two
wires while on the schematic they are visibly not
connected.
Is this another feature? How may I prevent designers
for shorting nets this way?
Is there any way to prevent Protel from placing
duplicated ref. designators?

Thanks,
Mira