Mira wrote:

> > It is important to fix any errors reported by ERC
> > before going to the
> > PCB (or, at least to know why ERC is complaining,
> > and be willing to
> > accept the results...)
>
> How can I keep the DRC on? I only see a way to run it
> afterwards.

ERC (Schematic Electrical Rules Check) does not run "on-line" - you must
manually run it when you want a check.

In PCB Layout, DRC (Design Rules Check) can be run "on-line" as well as
manually.  The on-line version highlights/un-highlights errors as you
make or correct them, while the manual version highlights errors and
produces a text file listing the errors. (And I think the manual DRC
will catch some errors the on-line version misses)

--
Peter Bennett
TRIUMF