On 04 Jul 2011, at 06:37, Constantine Pseudonymous wrote:

I just realized that for some reason only half of these posts show up
in my e-mail…
Bruno, you speak of self-consciousness… do you mean body-image? Or do
you mean abstract self-recognition? Or the tendency towards false
identification?  Or body relation/identification in a combative
framework?

I never need to define consciousness in the reasoning. I just suppose that you understand enough of it to ponder of the consequence of the assumption that you might survive with a computer in place of your brain, like you can survive with a pump in place of your heart. Precisely, I assume that there is a level of description of the brain which is Turing emulable. Then I show that the brain-mind identity breaks down, and that consciousness is related to infinities of computations, and that physics emerges from a competition between infinities of universal machines/numbers. Using results by Gödel, Löb, Solovay, I can use the logic of self-reference in arithmetic to translate the mind body problem into a body problem, expressible in arithmetic.

I am a computer scientist, and by making clear all the assumption and the definition, I show that the comp mind body problem is a mathematical problem. Scientist understand, but don't really care, and philosophers are often nervous and hot on this (like always when philosophy is made into science, which is what is possible for the comp philosophy.

But I don't need to define consciousness. I bet you know enough to follow the reasoning. Eventually you can understand why consciousness is indeed not definable.

It seems like your notion of self-acceleration or self-speeding is
what some people call psycho-active or psychedelic ….

I have no clue what you are talking about. Self-speeding is a property of theories (in the mathematical technical sense) or of universal machine (idem).

Or what others
call meditative metamorphoses through concentration. Concentration or
the will to power in the Spinoza and Nietzschean sense as self-
speeding. The lack of this concentration of the will or self-
intensification/force equated to what Kierkegaard called
spiritlessness… a symptom of modernity.

Modernity has disappeared in Occident since the roman closed Plato academy. But let us say I am just provoking here.

Bruno