On 1/10/2014 6:01 PM, LizR wrote:
On 11 January 2014 14:34, Terren Suydam <terren.suy...@gmail.com <mailto:terren.suy...@gmail.com>> wrote:

    Yeah, if there's one thing about the UDA that seems like magic to me,
that's it -
    how an infinity of emulations "condense" into a single conscious experience.

If they're identical, I guess you wouldn't be able to tell the experiences apart. They would be "fungible", like the infinite identical copies that exist in the MWI prior to branching / differentiation. So they would just be one experience, even if it was generated an infinite number of times. I guess this is the "capsule theory" of identity, like Fred Hoyle and "his pigeon holes and flashlight" view of consciousness in "October the first is too late". From the viewpoint of the experiencer, it wouldn't matter if millions of pigeon holes were identical, with identical notes in them, and others only appeared once.

But might their number provide a kind of probability measure for the continuation of your consciousness?

Brent

I think.

(I'm assuming it's the "infinity" part that's the problem...)