Date: Sun, 26 Feb 2006 17:06:48 EST
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED], [EMAIL PROTECTED], bmwuucdigest@uucdigest.com
Subject: Re: Choice of oil

In a message dated 26.02.2006 19:43:55 Westeuropäische Normalzeit,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

Not all Castrol Syntec oils are created equally...

:-)

Regards,

Rich - has a fair bit of German made Castrol Syntec 0W30 in stock

Hi Guys,

Speaking of motor oil. I find oil a "almost" religious-like topic when you
ask any car guy. Everyone has their favorite and favorite blend; ie:
weight/viscosity(Sp?).

But ONE topic no one has brought up is Bmw's advice!  Why is it that BMW
makes model specific motor oil!  Maybe this is one reason why Bmw even says no
warmup period is required when reving up a "plain" motor. For teh M cars they
have thier Christmas tree lights on the tach.  Before I get flamed for the
above
statement...   what I mean is Bmw use to recomend waiting until teh engine
warms up before sustained revs. Now I think(due in part to thier Polizei models
and feed-back) that thier are no set warm up . I think I read that in AutoWeek
or in Bimmer. I forget.

Anyway... my point is that BMW has specific oil for thier new engines. And...
you can not buy it from anywhere else but your dealer.

That said: my religious preference is to Mobil-1. 15W-50 in the summer and
0W-30 in the winter. I am sure others will have thier favorites.

Take care
David Jalali
Bamberg, Germany